Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Night before last I noticed that Shyla had two sores on her back about the size of a quarter. She does not like me to touch them but other than that she is fine. I have not changed her food or anything else. I gave her a bath that night and did not notice them when I was bathing her but an hour later I felt them and they were hard feeling. Possibly they were there the whole time and I just did not feel them. I bathed her with the same puppy shampoo I have always used. They feel hard but you cannot see them just by looking at her. One is on her lower back and the other is between her shoulder blades. Possibly they are mosquito bites that are in bad shape? We have tons of mosquitos due to heavy rains. I'm really just wondering what I can put on them? Hydrocortisone? Antibiotic ointment?

· Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an appt with the vet scheduled for Saturday and I will ask then. I did put Antibiotic ointment on them last week and one did go away. The other one is a little worse because it is on her back where she can get at it. But it just feels crusty - no oozing. I had the appt set up for her puppy boosters and rabies shots anyway so it works out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.