• White Stripe on Face

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We are new to the forums, and are soon to be getting our first puppy. The people we are getting the puppy from have 2 male puppies that we have to choose from. We are having a hard time deiciding which one (they're both so cute, its just so hard), and for all interest purposes were curious to know which one other basset hound owners would pick if they had to. Feel free to vote on the poll, and perhaps give a reason for your choice?

Attached are a few different photos of each. Hopefully the uploading worked!

Caitlyn&Steve

[attachment=640:IMG_0400.jpg]
[attachment=641:pic1.jpg]
[attachment=642:pic2.jpg]
[attachment=643:pic3.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
I voted for the brown face. He has more wrinkles.

I'd also like to add that some of them will change in coloring as they get older. My Dozer was mostly black when he was a puppy, now he's half brown. He also lost his white stripe on his head, but it was very small to begin with. Digger got lighter, but kept his fantom face markings. Dudley hasn't changed much, just more freckles. :lol:

·
Registered
272 Posts
i vote brown for the wrinkles too...and also because i already have a white stripe guy at home...it's different from what i have..but what a difficult decision. They're both very cute and cuddly!! Good luck and send more pics!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
What a hard choice. I couldn't choose, take both. ;)

~Heather

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Too close to call. I'd take both of them - nothing cuter than watching basset puppies playing together and then collapsing into a pile of puppy.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If I had to pick one, I would go with the white stripe puppy BUT I would easily be able to take both! :D
Be sure to let us know which one you end up with and share those puppy pictures! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
taking both would make it much easier but there is already another person(s) waiting for us to choose, because whatever one we don't choose is already spoken for. Caitlyn has been leaning toward the white stripe one (but will be more than happy either way), as for me I am back and forth between the 2 so much (just can't wait to get either one, but ultimatly it is up to me to make the decision). We are gonna wait to make the final decision for when the pups are a little more active (as they are only 3 weeks old at the moment).

Keep the opinions coming they are interesting ;)

I've have a view more pics to see as well!

[attachment=645:M1_and_M2.jpg]
[attachment=646:puppy1.jpg]
[attachment=647:puppy2.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I voted for brown face. He's got a cute little brown bottom to go with it! I just got my baby girl last weekend! I had to make a tough choice, too. What it came down to for me, was if I picked one and changed my mind would I be upset. I picked my baby girl and the boy sold within hours. We are so happy with our baby girl!

I wish you lots of luck and joy with whichever you choose!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Both are great! I'm kinda partial to the white stripe. Both my boys have 'em. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the one with the white stripe. He just looks so content and looks right at home. They are both cute. We are getting 2 pups in 3 weeks.....it is very hard to decide!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
What a tough choice! The brown faced boy is very smooshie, but then again, the white striped one has that adorable brown "smudge" on his jowl! I wish all of life's decisions were so hard! :lol:

Best of everything no matter which you choose. Oh, and keep the pictures coming!

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
. Feel free to vote on the poll, and perhaps give a reason for your choice?

Attached are a few different photos of each. Hopefully the uploading worked!

Caitlyn&Steve[/b]

For me there are much more inportant traits than makring when it comes to deciding on a puppy. such as temperament

1 - 13 of 13 Posts