Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HIYA!

My name is Jennifer and I am from Northern Ontario. I am a soon-to-be mommy to my first Basset Hound. I have been busy researching and learning as much as I can before she comes home next Friday. Upon doing so, I came across this wonderful site. :)

Chloe is currently 9 1/2 weeks old and is a lemon/white. She has light coloured eyes. They seem to change colour...going from blue to a hazel. She is very friendly and outgoing and followed my eldest DD around everywhere. Oh, and she is a big girl. LOL! I honestly was quite surprised at how big she was. It probably doesn't help that she came with her sister (runt of the litter). I wish I could take them both. :(

I started an album in the photo section to share my beautiful little (big) girl. Enjoy!

Jennifer

·
Registered
184 Posts
Awww! They are such cute doggies aren't they! I am not so patiently awaiting the arrival of my new puppy too. I am getting him in approximately 2 more weeks. Not too long to wait but still too long for me!

I also found this group while looking up info. I have already learned a lot (and bugged the heck out of everyone with all my silly questions!) They all take it really well, so jump right in! Hope you enjoy the stay :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
There are absolutely NO silly questions! Just silly hounds, and the owners that love them.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Welcome to the group! I too started here with a question: why won't my new puppy stop whining. A question everyone asks and always gets answered by the kind, dedicated basset lovers here. Now I am hooked on this forum...it's so much fun!

So yes, your life will never be the same. Wait until you add a second basset...you will, trust me. It's inevitable ;)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
It is taking strong will power only getting the one. Her sulky tricolor sister is the only one not yet sold. :(
Molly had a sister that wasn't sold when we picked her up. I was so tempted to take the sister too. My husband and the breeder advised against 2 puppies at once. Eventually the sister got a home and we were saner for having only brought Molly home that day. However insanity ensues, as Molly and Winston are now tearing around the downstairs squabbling over a ball. Even with one being 10 months, it's still chaos and a lot of work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Oh Good Grief!!!!!! She is a big pup. She is lovely.

You are in for a lot of fun (and hard work) but you will soon discover that these bassets are real little characters. A word of warning however, they are crafty little blighters, as you will soon discover:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts