Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I thought a case of pano,then this morning I observed him walking away from food,lying down and licking the tops of his front legs.
He acts normal and don`t cry when I handle his front feet.Jack is 8 months old,been on purina dog food/table scraps.Just went thru a growth spurt and his weight has not come upon him yet.That is why I thought pano,but this pup don`t walk away from food.I have noticed on off limping for about 5 days.This morning I hid behind a tree to watch and see if everyone was behaving,not hogging all the food.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Gee Michael I don't know but I can recall Roady being sick and licking the tops of his front legs. I don't recall what was the matter but I know it wasn't pano or an injury. There was the time he had an enlarged spleen, fever, anemia and we ended up treating him for a tick borne disease that was never confirmed by titer. Or it could have been when he had his tail amputated and was in a lot of pain. Maybe it's a reaction to pain?

Did you take his temp? That's one of the first things I do when somethings not quite right.

Keep us posted on how Jack is doing. And post an update if you notice anything else going on.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I would have him checked to be sure... but Jake (and Willie) both had pano- It did effect their diet when they were hurting. Jake flat won't eat if he is not feeling well- Good luck and keep us posted-

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jack seems to be feeling better no temp,just a little limp today.My Vet suggested watching him for a couple days and bring him in if he don`t get better.

A

·
0 Posts
When Francis's eye got really painful the only way I guessed was that he went off his feed. This dog has never missed a meal in his life so I knew something was wrong and the vet. confirmed it. His glaucoma wasn't visible.
Mike, I'm glad Jack's better. Maybe it WAS a virus or an injury and nature is running her course. Good Luck, we'll say a prayer for him.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts