Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Omg!!!!! That is absoulutely terrible. I sure hope the "A_ _hole" is in jail or worse. What is wrong with some people!!
I feel so sad about that. Animals are completely innocent. It makes you think how many terrible things go on out there.
:( :angry:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
:angry: That is absolutely horrible. I'm happy that this dog was rescued and hasn't lost its trust in people. Once it is adopted it will surely have a better life.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I believe I would go to jail for a long long time if I met any person who abused an animal. (I could never be an "Animal Cop").

~Heather

·
Registered
775 Posts
Maybe someone should cut off one of his ears and tie him to a tree to starve!!!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I cannot read about things like that (and I didn't read it). The sad fact is that most people who abuse animals never go to jail, not even for the most serious acts of abuse. At least, not around here they don't. They get a slap on the wrist in the form of a fine and/or community service. If there is no real punishment there will always be abuse.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Terry I agree with you. The penalties for animal neglect and abuse are not tough enough. I watch Animal Planet a lot and I am very disturbed at what people get away with.

~Heather

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
There was a dog torture case in Atlanta last year in which 2 brothers were sentenced to 10 years in jail. However, there were 2 other factors involved:
1. Vandalism was done to a youth center at the same time
2. Children were shown what had been done, then threatened with death if they told anyone

If the other 2 factors had not played a part, the sentence undoubdetly would not have been so severe. And who knows how much of the 10 years these people will actually serve?

That being said, I hope other judges around the country see this as a precedent for tougher penalties in abuse cases.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts