Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Kindergarten teacher and yesterday I won a $30 shopping spree at our book fair! I had my eye on this book called Some Dog! by Mary Cassanova. I had no clue what it was about, but it had a Basset on the front cover. I used some of my $30 to buy the book. It's a cute story about a Basset named George who was living the good single dog life until his people took in a hyper annoying stray. The stray drives George crazy and gets into a lot of trouble until finally the people tell the stray to leave. They decide that they want the stray to come back and send George out into a storm to track down the dog (since he has such a great sense of smell). George finds the dog and becomes the hero and now enjoys the strays company. It's a cute book for any Basset lover who has children, grandchildren, teaches or just wants to add to their Basset collection. Amazon.com sells it (I'm sure you can find it elsewhere too).

~Heather

·
Registered
608 Posts
Sorry 2 hounds but that story is totally unbelievable. Knowing what I now know about bassets, I have no doubt that the poor stray was set-up to take the blame by George, and NO WAY would a basset go out to hunt (in a storm or otherwise) for any poor lost animal..........(unless of course it had been plucked ,roasted and preferably served with a garlic and herb sauce!!!) ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts