Basset Hounds Forum banner

Solomon the Wise

4K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  MollyMcFrecklesMom 
#1 ·
Well, if my wife gets a full-time job, I have promised her we can adopt our third basset. His name is Solomon and you can view his info here.

Rosco and Layla have gotten along really well after adopting Layla, and we have toyed around with the idea of getting a third. We are seriously considering adopting Mr. Solomon. His coloration is pretty cool as well, and he seems like a sweet dog that needs a good home. I guess I'm just looking for moral support from the Cyberhound community!

#4 ·
My support too as we have mostly had three Bassets (or two at the least) and it's great as they keep each other company and their owners too!

Have a look on YouTube and see just how many people have two or three (or more Bassets) they just look so good as a group!

Solomon's gorgeous... go for it as you'll not regret it! If we had a large enclosed paddock we'd have half a dozen Bassets running around!

#3 ·
Doppler and Virga approve as well. As do I of course. What's the point in arguing with a basset hound?! :D But seriously, Solomon is absolutely gorgeous! I love his black and white coloring! He's a very handsome young man! Best wishes for all of you!

#6 ·
small world....we got both our bassets from that rescue! I have nothing but great things to say about the people I worked with from there during our adoptions!!
Ok good, we weren't sure what to think when we emailed the contact for more info and hadn't heard back yet. Hopefully they just haven't checked their account lately.

#11 ·
I have never and I mean never given my opinion in these matters but he looks like he is a smart one so go for it. By the way black and white is not so uncommon(sorry). You could be waiting a while for someone to find that e-mail if you have a phone number call them.

#12 ·
He'd be so lucky to go home with you! Go for it!

I'd love a second basset, but Miss Molly is more than a handful at 6 months. She wears me out...I don't dare give her a partner in crime. (Famous last words)

#13 ·
He'd be so lucky to go home with you! Go for it!

I'd love a second basset, but Miss Molly is more than a handful at 6 months. She wears me out...I don't dare give her a partner in crime. (Famous last words)
MMFM, If you had another Basset friend for Molly she wouldn't wear you out as much because she would have a playmate! Bassets really enjoy the company of one of their own and you would enjoy having two and have a less wearing time for yourslelf... go on... you know you want to!!!! :D

#16 ·
Good point, SophieB! I'll pass your wisdom on to my husband. I tried to get him to let me take Molly's sister too, but he was adamant that I only take Molly. Sigh. It's good to have you on my side ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.