Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over Christmas my son, his wife, four and 1/2 month old little boy, and their dog Zeus were here. Bogie was so good with little Jack, just laid beside him, nuzzled him, and followed where ever Jack went. They also had their five year old cocker/springer spaniel Zeus with them. Bogie and Zeus had never met, and we were a little worried about how they would be. Zeus was very protective of Jack at home ,and we also worried about how that would go when Bogie was around Jack. After the initial sniff and circling, Bogie and Zeus became best buddies, and there were no problems with the baby. You could not have asked for more well behaved dogs while they were here for five days. I had to share a couple of pictures we took.

Bogie was so curious and just loved Jack.

Mom and Dad had run errands, and we were watching for them out the window.
Jack loved looking at the white snow.

The boys getting ready for a romp.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
What a nice story! :)

We saw something similar when Macy came to us with her litter for fostering. She quickly became friends with our other young dog, Caper. Although she was very protective of her pups around our older dogs, she let Caper play with her and the pups without any problems. :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Bogie is a total sweetheart!! That's so great that a baby and another dog can come into your house. We've had babies but so far no visiting dogs. It would be interesting to see how my kids react.

·
Registered
121 Posts
How cute they all are! I love your beautiful windows too! I have never seen windows that start from the floor!

Thanks for sharing!

Bogie could be Lou's brother they look so much alike!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gotta love Bogie, he's soooooooo handsome! I love the picture of you all on the floor. Love those big windows, too! I imagine there's a few nose prints on them every once in a while. :lol: I know I'm always cleaning kitty nose prints off my big picture window in the living room.

·
Registered
284 Posts
boogie really done you proud. he looked like he was really interested in Jack. Jack is a cutie too.

my snoopy is great when we have kids over too. i can only hope she will still be as great when we hopfully have our own in a year or two's time. Im pretty sure she'll love following some else around the house and steeling some of the baby toys etc!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Lovely pics. I like everyone looking out of the window it's so cute!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts