Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been reading comments about how slow the board is, how it's not like the old days, how we've lost people.... SO POST!!

How many times have you posted in the past 6 months? Have you started a new topic?

I think everyone here has something to offer:

I'm not a 'dog expert' but I've had dogs for over 50 years, and can comment sometimes just based on my experience. Sometimes I post on pet therapy because I think someone out there might want to get involved if they knew a little about it. And oh yeah, the Pa. Dog Law stuff- I probably stepped on a few toes there, but I thought the information was important because of it's implications for potential dog law changes in other parts of the country.

I bet everyone reading this has something as interesting, or more interesting, to post than the items I've listed above.

So POST- don't sit back and wait for someone else to contribute-YOU are the forum!

·
Registered
782 Posts
But Francis and I are BORING with nothing going on!!!! What am I going to write about, him crashing into snowbanks when he ignores my commands to stop and me falling over a fire hydrant because I was watching him and didn't see the thing (last month)?
Dammit, you're right!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
But Francis and I are BORING with nothing going on!!!! What am I going to write about, him crashing into snowbanks when he ignores my commands to stop and me falling over a fire hydrant because I was watching him and didn't see the thing (last month)?
Dammit, you're right!
I always said Beverly Anne that you should write a book about Francis. You could start here. ;)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
LOL! I so relate... too dull... though my hounds make me laugh daily, and learning to deal with a blind, basset with diabetes... who does not know she cannot see might help some other basset owner! I still have my 3 bassets- Jake, Samantha and Cuddy (who needs to get added to my siggy now that she is almost 3!), a pound puppy- Indiana, and our very old brittany named Abigail recently diagnosed with a nasal tumor. I check in on the boards almost daily but don't post like I should as I lead such a dull life...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mattie and I really are boring. So we don't have a lot to post about. But Mattie has got more engery her in the last little bit since we took in a kitten, who Mattie is best friends with now. They sleep together and cuddle together and chase each other. The kitten is only about 5lbs. and Mattie well.. she is a big girl. It is too funny to watch them together.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
ok, what are we doing/have done. Pearl went tracking a couple of weeks ago, and got Poison Oak. I know, I know, dogs don't get poison oak, but they can get a skin reaction, and boy, did she get one. I'll need to find a little coat for her, if we keep going to similar spots.

Tomorrow, we are off to a dog show, where Bella will give it her all for two-three days (I hope). We planned a little training today with a friend, and I had a sack of three cut up hot dogs on the counter for training treats. She nabbed the sack, took off and ate the whole thing before I even knew what happened. Needless to say, our practice was pretty laid back--trying to get a Basset Hound full of hot dogs to do much of anything isn't easy. Next tuesday I'll we'll go back into the hills, in hopes of getting Bella certified to take a tracking test in a few weeks.
I don't know how the dogs are feeling, but I'm worn out just reading this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts