Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have approximately 32 signed up (albeit some tentatively) for our Las Vegas gathering! About 1/2 are bringing hounds - this has the markings of great fun!

The name of our gathering will be....drum roll, please... CYBERHOUND LAS VEGAS 2007 !
So now I'd like input on what kinds of activities you all would like to have. I know that some are wanting abit of free time and I think that should definitely be included. Picnic? Dinner? Cocktail hour? Any speaker-type activities? How about a treasure hunt kind of thing? Tour of some sort? We would also like to plan an outing to Las Vegas Basset Rescue and have each couple and/or person bring a large bag of dog food - what do you think of that?

We're open to all ideas so load us up!

[ April 08, 2006, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Lynne & Huck ]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd rather give $$ to a rescue organization; we'd be flying in so getting food isn't an option.

Also just to give you the heads up, I have very limited energy so my participation in whatever events would be less than probably everyone else. But I do want to hang out with all of my FRIENDS!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think a park gathering WITH all the las Vegas Basset rescue dogs in attendance would be fun, perhaps the first morning. We could present them with the bags of dog food, or donations. and maybe even have someone from the local paper there. It would give them some much needed publicity, and who knows? maybe some little hound would find a home as a result! (I'm sure they'd all fit in my car ;)

Sandy

[ April 08, 2006, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Sandy and Bo ]

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I just thought of something else. I don't want there to be any speakers. We all know about bassets and I'm hoping this is just going to be OUR group.

If it's a gathering of the vegas basset rescue organzations, I won't be able to participate. I don't have the energy for something like that.
:-(

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I agree NO speakers!! I've sat through enough speakers in my life. just wanna have fun! in Vegas! Woohoo! :D

Sandy

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steinar - any chance of you coming? We need an official photographer - hint hint!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
EMMA, I PROMISE, if you come to Las Vegas you will have our full attention. you can speak as long as you want!!! :D

Sandy

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Sorry, the dogs need to be in quarantine after visiting - so I guess that's not possible. If I can come, I don't know yet, but I would love to.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hubby and I just talked about it and he's as excited as I am.

After thinking about my previous post, I want to apologize. It's not my place to suggest that we don't do anything with the Vegas rescue folks.

I'm hoping tho that "THE" Cyberhound Vegas 2007 group meets separately so we all can formally meet. Then we all can maybe meet up for dinner if we all don't hang out doing the same stuff during the day. Make sense?

Anyway, Ruby's daddy and I will definately be there.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hopefully we can have several gatherings during our event. That's the whole point of getting together, right? Picnic? Dinner? ****"tail" party? You name it!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
picinic would be fun(weather permitting) then those who bring hounds can include thier dogs, and we can all enjoy them along with thier people.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
add to that... then we can have contests too, who looks more like thier dogs, longest ears excetra.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Longest ears matching their dogs? tee hee just kidding.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My fiance and i are still wanting to come, but we've decided not to bring Murphy at this time. But we'll be there.

Idea: is there anyway we can get basset ears, a la Mickey Mouse style?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Refer to Oscar & Murphy's post above. Could be kinda cute!

·
Registered
511 Posts
A picnic sounds great to me. Whatever we do though I'll be bringing the houndies. I'm not sure a hotel would appreciate them being left alone in the room. But ... since it'll be during a time of year without the scorching Vegas heat they should be okay in the BUV.

I'm getting excited now! BTW, I may make a side trip to the Best Friends Animal Society either before or after the Cyberfest if anyone wants to join in on that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts