Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have any of the white cold stuff yet? We got our first taste at the beginning of Oct. We currently have a couple of inches and it's doubtful at this point that it'll melt and give us a few more good days. It won't be long now before the dogs will have their paths made to and from the house. My husband arrived in Texas today and said he might die :blink: because it's so hot, 77 degrees. I just laughed, but it's easy to understand when we only had five days above 70 this summer.

·
Registered
484 Posts
No snow here yet, but I see the snow line slowly creeping down the mountain side.It is now at about 3000 feet, creeping closer.
There was some sleet last week, only about 700 feet above my farm. That has melted.
Personally, I don`t like winter, but my Basset Gang just love runing around in the snow, breaking new paths.

The view from my yard

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thank heavens we have no snow yet! I hate the cold and snow!

Tinaherb-Amazing photos! What a view to have from your backyard! Wow!

·
Registered
9 Posts
We're in Oklahoma, so it will be a while until any snow hits. I'm still wearing flip flops and enjoying the 72 degree weather!

Daphne turned 1 last weekend, and this will be her first winter with us. How do your bassets do with ice and snow? Is is hard to get them out to do their business?

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
How do your bassets do with ice and snow? Is is hard to get them out to do their business?[/b]
My older two love the snow, and I have no problem with them going outside in the snow. I'm hoping Dudley enjoys the snow, but we'll find out this winter.

Dozer & Digger in the snow a few years ago:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Haha!! Dozer and Digger look like they're having a ball!

Here's my Basset, Casey, with our English Bulldog, Jack. They are the best of friends and one odd couple. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine don't have a problem with the snow at all. All the rain we had this summer was another thing though. Here are a few pics of our first snow and a couple of random ones of the babies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The last time is snowed here(middle, GA) was over 7 years ago. That "snow" was less then 4 inches... So I am not so sure what this white cold stuff you are talking about is... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts