Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like a weird question... but I will ask anyway. We boarded Watson for the first time a couple of weeks ago for a week. Ever since we got him back, he has been snoring like crazy. He had never snored before! Is this something that I should be concerned about? Or could it be something to do with allergies (spring has hit Memphis, the pollen is a little high)?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If the pollen count is high, he could quite possibly have seasonal allergies. Not that unusual in animals. Hope it doesn't last long!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Gosh I don't know what it's like to not have a hound (or a husband) who doesn't snore. Rosco didn't snore for a long time but then one day he started snoring. I've noticed it more when he's in a really deep sleep (I've noticed the same thing with our other two hounds as well). I wouldn't be too worried about it unless it keeps you awake at night. And if you want, we can trade. I'll take one snoring hound over three snoring hound and a snoring husband.....and they wonder why I have insomnia!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, he doesn't snore loudly. And it's only when he's just starting to fall asleep at night. So I guess I can handle that :). My dear husband, however, snores alllll nightttt longggg. Maybe I should put husband in the crate and puppy in bed... hmmm... ;)

Vb3 -- Memphis is great! Unless you don't like crime.... or heat... or traffic... or pollen...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Boomer doesn't snore, but my hubby does. I told him this evening that Boomer and I took a vote, and dad has to sleep on the couch.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Did I miss a post somewhere about you moving to Memphis?

How come you don't want to move?
vb3 is my husband and in a previous post I offered to trade Watsonboy one dog for three and a husband who all snore.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I'm a memphis girl. And I snore. I'm only a month into this bluff city thang (GO TIGERS) but I can tell you that I didn't snore at first and now I do. Maybe it's cuz I'm all comfy now.

Btw, I'm so proud of myself. I let out my first HOWL Friday. Dad went to get some kinda food that was spicy for his cold... (did I get any? of COURSE NOT... *snort* ) and he left and I stood at the door crying. Then mama started saying WOO WOO WOO... so I looked at her and looked outside and tilted my head back and gave a gorgeous resonant, "ARRRRRRRRRHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" They gotta flip vid'ya of it. As soon as the dorky parents figure it out they'll post it!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Btw, I'm so proud of myself. I let out my first HOWL Friday.
Congratulations! Molly allegedly howls, but it's only when I am out of the house and she doesn't approve of my absence. I never get to hear it:( My neighbors tell me this. They describe it as "cute"...thankfully, they are kind, animal-loving people ;)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
LOL...Annie is sooo attached to me that if she even thinks that I went out front without her the entire neighborhood gets a symphony of whiney AAAARRRRRROOOOOOs at the tippity top of her silly dog lungs.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
vb3 is my husband and in a previous post I offered to trade Watsonboy one dog for three and a husband who all snore.

Ahhhh HAAA!!!! so the mystery is solved...

i kept feeling like there were lots of dogs named Rosco and Layla on this forum....!! now I know why... how cute you two are, posting on this forum together....

--Worm (a little slow on the pickup)

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am still waiting to hear Woody howl.....but I know the older chihuahua does....Woody will do his trillin' especially playing with his daddy...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Boomer is 11 months old and still hasn't howled. He's come close, when he was about 5 months old (I think) he gave a few seconds howl, but nothing since.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts