Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, in a fit of madness, it was decided that we were going to install a greenhouse in the back garden.

Nightmare doesn;t quite cover it. It's very difficult to fit part A to part B whilst running after a basset that's stolen part C. Going to recover part C, you also discover that parts E, F & G have already made their way into the basset bed.

And by the time you get back, you just know that parts A and B have been moved.

And now where's the screwdriver?

Oh, it's in the mouth of the basset, who is currently tearing round the garden at 100 miles an hour, having a GREAT time.

4 days later, and the greenhouse was built... with one problem.

Snoopy can't see it. And so tears out of the house and slams into the windows.

I can see I'm going to have to paint the bottom panes. Now. Where's the paintbrush...

oh.

My DIY assistant:

From baby ghost -

to a bouncing 50lb-er -

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
He's too cute! You won't have time to do much in the greenhouse anyway, with such a funny little guy around.
Sharon Hall
Pearl, RE, CDX
Bella, RN :D

T

·
0 Posts
Snoopy's a beautiful (and mischevious) fellow. I was wondering about his color? I'd call him a "lemon" colored basset? Would I be correct or not? What think folks? Kezzy?

Janet 'n Twinkie

·
Registered
714 Posts
I was going to ask the same thing, is Snoopy a true Lemon & White?
I've never seen one in person, and only once on a rescue site. Sorry to get off topic.

Dudley and Minnie are not really interested in tools or parts when I do projects, just continually getting underfoot is good enough for them! :?

·
Registered
119 Posts
congratulations on acually getting anything done with basset help I try and try but eventually have to give up until Menna is out for a walk with daddy or one of her other slaves, then it,s a mad rush to try and get another stage done.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Snoopy's colour is rather odd. We were told he was a lemon and white, he and his sister were born that colour - the other four pups, and both parents were tricolour.

However, he's always been very pale, even for a lemon and white - I thought lemon and white hounds were a more caramel colour. Our vet pointed out that he's more coffee and cream....

He's always known as the ghost basset!

(or the phantom sneakythief!)

I occasionally try and get things done when he's asleep, but he knows something's going on and often will come and lie on the instructions and sleep there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts