Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snickers went to doggie day care for the first time yesterday. I dropped her off in the morning for a 4 hour temperament evaluation. The lady explained how she was going to introduce her to the group...she was going to take her in on leash and let the other dogs come sniff and then she was going to let her go if she was comfortable. Snickers LOVES dogs so I knew she would love the tiny dogs as well as the huge horses! :) There was a really large room with about 20 dogs all spread out and then you saw them all congregate in a circle and all I could see was the lady and a leash...every so often I could see her little tag wagging like crazy! She let her go and Snickers was running out saying "hi" to as many dogs as she could and she immediately had a following! :D

I called close to lunch time to see how she was doing and they said "Perfect!". They said she hasn't stopped since the moment she got there and I could hear her barking over the phone! Apparently, she really likes one of the dog watchers and she followed him everywhere he went and a bunch of dogs followed her! :D

They said she loves the snow (I knew that) and was jumping from snow pile to snow pile! They said she is not afraid of ANYONE or ANYTHING!

I knew she would love the other dogs and I'm glad she had another good experience. I think this is going to be a weekly thing.

Oh, and when we arrived on the bulletin board it said "Welcome Snickers!" :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Very cool. Great to hear she had such a wonderful start.

~Heather

·
Registered
203 Posts
That is so great that Snicker's loved doggie day care. It is a good that you have a place Snicker loves just as much as being home with you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is too cute! Where Annie goes for her nail trims they run a day care and when we walk in all the dogs come running and start the sniffing. For some reason she isn't too thrilled with the whole greeting thing they give her and so glad when the lady takes her in the back for the nail trim.

So glad to hear Snickers is enjoying it and sounds like going to be the "teacher's pet"!

Keep us updated on the progress!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts