Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My two kids have been sneezing like crazy the past several days!!! Strange! They never did this before. Other than that, they are fine. The did stay at the breeders last week. Her dogs are fine. The kids have all their shots, including kenel cough. It is just odd that they are sneezing like crazy, no discharge or other symptoms. The breeder thinks maybe my area was recently sprayed for mosquitos?? I guess that's possible. Anyone's kids sneezing too???

·
Registered
360 Posts
Belly sneezes after the cleaning people leave sometimes.

Do you have any of those plug in air freshners? Just a thought.

Do they sneeze anywhere/anytime or just indoors or just outdoors??

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use no scent freshners at all. They are sneezing inside & outside. Today my Husband and I are sneezing too!! I has to be allergies. I watched the local news this morning and the said the pollen, grass & tree allergies are low?? Nothing else has change in our yard or house??? The kids seem to get better as the day goes on. Maybe the morning is worse???

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do they sort of sneeze in fits, like whoosh woosh x 6, then stop? Opus does that when the pollen count is very high.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Do you have that yellow pollen where you live? When we were in Jacksonville, the cars and sidewalks and everything would be covered. Which means Ruby's ears would be yellow.

Hope everyone feels better soon.

BTW, Ruby crosses her eyes when she sneezes, as well as when she arrrro's (moo's) :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do have that yellow pollen but that time has already passed here. I do think it must be allergies?? In the morning, they sneeze it a fit, maybe 10 at a time. Then one sneeze every couple minutes, it seems. Like I said, as the day goes on, they seem to slow down. The humidity is terrible. Rusty has been especially lazy this week. I'll just keep watching out for any other strange symptoms??

·
Registered
110 Posts
New mulch, maybe?

Sounds like they have a mild allergy to something - any new blooms for you right now? When Sebi came down with allergies, the vet also asked if I had mulched the garden recently, as that can sometimes set them off for a bit. It should pass, and if they are not irrated (scratching hot spots or licking their paws excessively) they should be fine. Sebi had to get meds during the really bad pollen blooms this spring, but now he's fine apart from an occasional sneezing fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts