Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please let us know your views........we are told that it is a myth that Bassett's sleep alot. Our little bassett however sleeps ALOT and we would like to know if yours do to and this is a trait of the breed!!!! But this said when she is out she is extremely active and chases anything in sight e.g people on bikes and joggers. If anyone has any tips to stop this behaviour they would be most appreciated. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Both my bassets sleep a lot, but then they are 8 & 9, but they play also and enjoy their walks.
I have heard that Basset's sleep a lot too and I don't think it's a myth.

Sorry can't help on the the chasing joggers, personally if people are crazy enough to take up jogging (which i have) they deserve the odd chase by a Basset ;)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Moe sleeps a lot now (he's almost ten years old) but as a young guy he was icompletely INSANE. I never dreamed a dog could be so wild and crazy - he was like a large lunatic with a twisted sense of humor and and endless supply of energy. He only slept at night, and then ONLY if we took him for a long walk first, followed by a game of fetch (played by his rules - it didn't resemble any game of fetch I ever played before <_< ). We were pretty tired by the time he fell asleep! :lol:

I really miss the old wild-and-crazy Moe...

·
Registered
63 Posts
(sorry bobomummy - don't want to hi-jack your post) but just just wanted to say hello to Terry!
I remember you from when I was a member here many years ago - joined originally around 2000 or 2001. I think I was JB or JGB or GJB.
Anyway, nice to hear Moe is doing well. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your views on this....i think that we can conclude that our little girl is just a lazy sleepy hound (that snores really loudly)!!! ha ha ha

·
Registered
63 Posts
OMG yes Daisy is a snorer :blink: ... and soooo loud!.

We went camping once and she just echoed around the camp-site!. (I blamed my husband...well.... didn't want to embarress her ;) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts