Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 13 year old Basset hound "Tiggy" has a great trick that I am sure other basset hounds can do too. She will sit up on her back legs. She can sit that way for a long time! I am sure other bassets out there can do this too, if so, share your pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Oh I wish I was in the sitter-uppers club! They put me into the position and I just kinda crumble. Oh well. My good buddy BobtheDOg sure can do it good!
pix pls!!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I love her eyes in the second picture! My dogs don't sit like this and my husband doesn't want me teaching them to do it. He's worried about their backs. But I think it's cute when other dogs sit like this.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Anabelle has a hard time keeping her balance when standing. I think sitting up is definitely out of the question. It would definitely be cute though.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I almost died of cuteness when looking at those pictures...

Annie can't do that..yet.
But know we've seen pictures of some other bassets on this site sitting pretty like that :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
How cute! Boomer doesn't sit up like that, we are working on it.

Love the 2nd picture; she looks like she is being sworn into office: "I do solemnly swear..."

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
All of mine have sat up like that, except one who had bad hips. I need to start scanning some pictures. I'll have a digital camera for the next puppy. I have a feeling that will make for more pictures.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I love her eyes in the second picture! My dogs don't sit like this and my husband doesn't want me teaching them to do it. He's worried about their backs. But I think it's cute when other dogs sit like this.
Yeah, same here. My momma doesn't want me doing that 'cause she's worried about my back... her wienie dog used to do it all the time, beggin' at the dinner table. it is so funny w/us long-back dogs...

CatherineM-- when r u getting another basset puppy??? (sure u don't want one from Mocha's breeder :eek:...????... ok, bad joke...).

(Worm, stop posting inciting comments!)

(k, won't do it again-- Worm)

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
CatherineM-- when r u getting another basset puppy??? (sure u don't want one from Mocha's breeder :eek:...????... ok, bad joke...).
This is the longest I've been without a basset in 30 years. We moved into a condo a couple of years ago that didn't allow pets, but we asked for a vote on it, and it passed. I walk with crutches, and have some partial paralysis in my legs, so my doctor wants me to get a dog to have more incentive to walk. So, probably in the next couple of weeks. We've got two breeders lined up for interviews. My husband is like a kid right before Christmas, bouncing around.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
My dogs don't sit like this and my husband doesn't want me teaching them to do it
My mother tried to teach Toughy, see avatar, cuz her basset did it all the time. On the first attempt he fell over backward. From that day forward he would not do anything asked. basset are great at holding grudgess and toughy was nears the top if not at the top in that regard.

·
Registered
662 Posts
aww those pics are adorable! Beldin won't sit up like that ... but he is getting pretty good at the "head-tilty-basset-stare" thing and is currently trying to train himself in the ways of "The Force" to see if he can encourage more treats to come to him! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts