Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Spencer came in from his morning potty, he sat on the throw rug in the kitchen, waiting for his breakfast. When I set it down, he streeetched to reach it to eat, not lifting his butt off the rug. I had to laugh. He's never sat down to eat before. Maybe he's being kind to his hiney, as he is recovering from an infected anal gland. :unsure:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sadie always sits down when she eats and if she is sitting or lying down when we throw her a treat she will stretch her neck as far as she can to reach it without having to get up and move.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
He is such a sweetie :lol: It looks like he is taking his meal quite seriously!

·
Registered
535 Posts
I was able to get a few pictures of Sadie sitting while she was eating today. She has done this since she was a puppy.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are good pics. I've only seen Spencer sit and eat that one time. I'd think he'd sit more often though, as it takes him a looong time to eat. He's having some dental issues, which has slowed his eating down.

His anal gland seems to be much better. The problem started with him leaking anal gland juice - not a fun smell to have in the house! The vet emptied it & then filled it with a liquid antibiotic plus put him on oral antibiotics. We go back this Friday for a check, but he's been fine.

Thanks for the comments!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts