Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning today I moved a ceramic bulldog (University of Georgia) off the mantle and placed it on the floor. Maggie, who had been purposely ignoring me because I was using a spray bottle of cleaner, went flipping nuts! She barked and growled and ran in circles around it. I'm so mad I don't have any batteries in my camera to get a video of it. I just thought it was so funny that she seem to recognize it was a dog, but not a dog, lol!

What are some silly things that stir up your pooches?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
While out for a walk at a nearby middle school, Winston decided to let out a nice hearty bark. The sound echoed off the building and sent him into a barking frenzy. Between discovering his echo and seeing his reflection in the building's glass doors, my boy is very concerned by this "other dog" lol.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Rosco periodically hears the neighbor kids through the walls and starts growling and barking. He also really dislikes people on bicycles or motorcycles (but only when we are driving somewhere in the car, when we are walking he doesn't growl at them).

·
Registered
972 Posts
when my husband and i first got married, my parents came to visit. when they left, i was really sad, so my husband got me a silly stuffed toy to cheer me up...his name is Roary..a stuffed lion. Roary gained his own personality, and used to sleep with me in bed. When we got bowser roary kind of went dusty....but one day we decided to bring him out to see what bowser would do. We made roary crawl around on the bed and bowser went nuts! I think he seriously thought roary was another dog trying to take his spot! we even made roary pretend to sniff bowsers butt and that ignited a whole fury of indignant barking, trashing, and attempts to playfully attack *lol*
it's the only time he's ever treated anything not real, as real. was pretty cute, especially since roary already kind of had a real personality to US anyway ; )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts