Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Tina had a siezure :( :( scared the hell out of us. Had her to the vet today and he is saying that she needs to have more tests to find out why this has happened. Anyone else had the same thing. She is 2 and a half years old but we have only had her for 10 weeks...........even so she is a major part of the family. Any advice willingly accepted

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
If you go to the Health and Genetics section,then go to "search" and type in "seizure", some other threads will come up which have discussed this.

Murray had a seizure last November- he is almost five. The vet couldn't find a cause, and said it could just be a 'once and done' kind of thing. So far so good.

I know how horrible it is to see this for the first time having just gone through it. I hope it is just a once and done episode for Tina.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had Tina to the vet today for blood tests....results for liver etc all clear so vet is 95% sure it is epilepsy. Just got to keep a diary of when she has a fit and take it from there

·
Registered
773 Posts
Seizures are terrifying to watch, aren't they? We had a cocker who had seizures. They were so infrequent, we never even medicated her, and she was a treasured family member for 13 years. Hopefully, you will find yourself in the same situation.

Is Tina a rescue dog? Were you able to get any kind of history on her?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a yellow lab who lived to be 15 and he had seizures. They were very infrequent and we never had to medicate him. They are terrifying to watch though. I would just lay next to him and speak to him gently and reassure him. He was ok after 3-4 minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts