Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made jumbo shrimp for dinner. When I finished eating, I needed something to drink. As I headed for the kitchen I thought I should have grabbed my plate, but the dogs were sleeping, so they won't bother it. Well when I got back, Dozer was eating the last shrimp tail. He looked at me like "Do you have any more?"

Never trust a "sleeping" basset, they will jump at the first chance when you leave something unattended.

O

·
0 Posts
They are highly trained FART members. FART=Food Assessment and Retreival Team.

·
Registered
73 Posts
At my house, this maneuver is called "Stealth Basset." Even "mom" radar can't detect one of these attacks. Rebel is an expert in this tactic and has the highest security clearances.

·
Registered
905 Posts
:D Think you definately asked for that ONE!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Dixie snuck into the guest room yesterday, while we had breakfast, and got into a carton of "Whoppers". My sister was visiting and had shopped for Easter Basket goodies. We can't figure out how we didn't hear the racket ...those things are loud when you shake the carton that they come in. She had taken it from the noisy plastic bag, torn open the box, obviously tilted it to get so me out ...how do they manage this stuff?????

A

·
0 Posts
Be careful with shrimp tails! When Francis was a puppy (5 months) and I was clueless, I took my eyes off him for a few minutes and one of the toddlers at the 4th of July cookout fed him a LOT of shrimp from the shrimp cocktail bowl :( I kept an eye on him and about 45 minutes later he was barfing up some bloody vomit. We hightailed it over to the emergency veterinarian (4th of July weekend on Cape Cod, you can bet we waited forever) I can't remember exactly what the vet did but it was painful and traumatic for the little guy and they kept him overnight.I almost lost my baby dog. It taught me a valuable lesson and since that day Francis has never ONCE gotten at food left lying around at parties or at home. So watch the shrimp tails, they can be very irritating and dangerous.

[ March 27, 2006, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Beverly Anne Cawley ]

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It was just that kind of behavior that inspired me to write this: :D

FOILED AGAIN

There are evil things afoot tonight
There's mystery in the air
I can sense the trouble brewing
and I know exactly where

Yes, my bassets are scheming
Imagine! behind my very back
of how to grab those sizzling
steaks right off the oven rack

And they think I know nothing
of their other diabolical plot
to steal my fresh baked cookies
and not just one, but the whole lot!

I've seen them, heads together
slyly watching my every move,
but those shifty eyes don't fool me
these two hounds are not that smooth!

The drool's always a dead give away
that they're cooking something up
so I chase out them into the yard
and then the door I quickly shut!

Sandy Hamon 2006

·
Registered
335 Posts
Must be a Dozer/Daisy thing; last night we had roast beef, the smell must have driven Daisy nuts all afternoon (You know they can smell food cooking even when they're outside!). I had filled my plate and was talking to DH, both of us sitting at the table, when I noticed in my periferal vision a little head sneaking in between me and the table, and stealthily trying to steal the piece of meat on my plate. Right under my arm, in front of my body. Pretty brave! I yelled "NO!" and when she came down from her unintended high-jump, she was very embarassed at having succumbed to temptation and even more, at getting caught. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts