Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barney managed to tear up five of my paperback books in the 15 minutes I wasn't watching him. I read last night that a lady would give her basset a full roll of paper towels when they got in the vets office in order to calm him down...and yes, she cleaned it up before leaving. Is this the stress reliever that will replace thundershirts? He did look alot calmer when finished...go figure.:confused:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Gandy has pulled a few covers off, but has only destroyed a couple of my theology books. I actually put gates up on my bookcases to keep him out of them.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I give mine empty cardboard boxes from the kitchen every now and again...it occupies them and they stay out from underfoot for a bit. Then they try to lay claim to the shreds when I clean them up. It's worth the mess to me and they love it!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My first Basset loved the index pages on statistics books. Not being all that adept at statistics, that meant that I had loads of books full of information I couldn't fine. Thankfully, the others have had different specialties. :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
Henry is a toilet roll fanatic! if your English, Henry thinks he is the andrex puppy, If you have no idea what i am talking about, Henry likes to grab the end and run with it through the house - preferably when i am in the shower and unable to chase him into the garden to rescue it! [I think we will stick to the thundershirt for stress relief!] x

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I was being loud & barky at Macy's. seriously, a BOY like me going shopping??? what wuz my person thinking? so yeah, i hadta whine about it.

in all the places we went, i only did well in the Shoe Department. That's because i got to shred all the paper that they stuff in shoes there. plus, shoes smell soooo good to me. and i like shoeboxes too. it was great. i was helping Macy's process their paperwork. cuz they got lots of it there. actually, us bassets are better than paper shredders (but i'm biased), right Barney?
--Worm

·
Registered
972 Posts
Molly we do that too! Usually bowser shops in the recycle bin. When he's done, or there's enough on the floor i scoot along and put it in the trash can...while he follows me to give it all one last bite, or to lie in my way *lol*

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ha I tried to chomp my mom's appointment book to shreds, but I didn't get enough time to do it. She just told me I was silly and took it away. I was hoping for a better reaction than that!!!! Foiled again. Can't I ever get her to blow up?? I mean really!!!! Whats up with that!!!!!!????????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts