Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The monsters got into a bag of my husbands practice golf balls. I've never seen them have this much fun!! I heard a big commotion in the hall and found them each pulling on a side of the bag, and as the balls rolled out they chased them. They galloped and pranced around with these things ...chased each other. I guess they are easy to hang on to.

They crushed several of them while running. I got a little concerned so I watched them the whole time (got in trouble for this but they were having such FUN!!)

Do you all think they are a choking hazard? If they're safe, I'll just get a bag for the dogs to have, after I replace Steve's.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I know they were probably having a blast, but I think it's best to take them away, or I foresee a huge vet bill in your future.

Sandy :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think they are maybe too small especially after they have been flattened out. They may choke.

A

·
0 Posts
Our neighbor one time hit a whole bag of them over our privacy fence thinking we weren't home and he could come and retreive them when he was done...little did he know we were home and Annie was on the other side of the fence ripping every single ball apart til they were completely flat.

We all had a good laugh and Annie had a great time but just was happy she didn't swallow them since they are so little.

Kathy

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you 've never taken a golf ball apart I have

Under the white covering you have yards and yards of elastic and then in the middle something that looks like a tiny soft super ball. This little ball has muck (for lack of a better word) in it. I wouldn't let my dogs play with golf balls.

Lou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts