Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night as hubby and I were about to go to bed Lily was pacing around our room. We thought she was trying to decide where to sleep (Sometimes she sleeps in the computer room on the futon and sometimes she sleeps in our room on her bed). Then we heard her peeing!!! She hasn't peed in the house in 2 years when we first moved into this house. What made it even more shocking is that she was peeing on Gibbs' bed while he was laying on it!!! Obviously it was our fault we should've taken her out when we saw her pacing, but I am perplexed as to why she would almost pee on Gibbs. In her doggy mind was she trying to be sneaky? Or was it just a coincidence? I am definitely keeping an eye on her for the next few days to make sure she is peeing "normal" to make sure it's not a medical thing. We were just at the vet yesterday. I just think she had to go and we obviously didn't pick up on her signal. But why oh why would she try to pee on her brother?

~Heather

·
Registered
272 Posts
wow, i really have no explanation for you. Maybe she was trying to get away with it and blame it on her brother like siblings often do :lol: :p Maybe she had a full bladder and she was still freaked out from the vet (her day was a bit thrown off).
I like the sibling explanation better. lol

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No more incidents. She must be fine. Usually she'll whine or bark to let us know she needs out. The following day I left to go to the store and when I got back one of them had peed on the kitchen floor (that's where they stay when we're not here). I think that time was Gibbs though. He gets really upset when I leave and when it storms and it was storming when I left...of course there's not real way of knowing who did the second pee incident since we didn't see it. Lily always acts guilty. We can catch Gibbs doing something and Lily will slink off like she did something. Gibbs on the other hand doesn't care either way...so only the dogs know what really happened. ;)

~Heather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts