Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so relieved, and not just because it's been so long since I brought a pup home that I worried I'd do it all wrong.

They adore each other! I thought it might be okay because, when we introduced them earlier in the week, she was crazy about Yogi and he didn't *hate* her.

But they're already pals. Sniffed each other all over immediately, then started romping.

And Yogi looks happy for the first time since Lady died.

The only problem I anticipate is, she's definitely a coonhound. And that nose --- hooboy. So. I guess I need to start replacing the fences pretty fast. :D

I'll post pictures this weekend.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're insane! :D It's so wonderful to see Yogi having fun again, and little Bailey is already familiar with all the most famous doggie games. They went to sleep playing and woke up playing and they're outside now playing.

One amusing thing is, apparently she's never seen television. I put on a DVD last night, and she was stunned! She ended up sitting there and watching it, just totally enraptured! :D

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
How wonderful for Yogi that he has a new little playmate! :) Funny about the teevee...:D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
PIctures! PIctures...We want pictures!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
How exciting!! What fun stories you will have to share.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition!!! I am so happy for you, and for Yogi, too. We MUST see pictures!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm also fond of coonhounds and have kept one or more for several years now. What type is she? Your dogs are going to have an amazing bond based on what I know from my experiences.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Houndsong, the vet says she's a red bone mix which, yes, makes sense to me. She's around 30 pounds now, and the vet predicts she'll get to be about 40 pounds, so she's mixed with something smaller. Plus her ears are a bit shorter than a coonhounds - kind of beagle-like. But she's *very* red (even redder than Yogi, who's pretty darned red), and long and lean like a red bone, and defnitely has a coonhound personality.

She's just a little love! Yogi is wild about her, and they play almost constantly.

As soon as I remember to plug in my camera to charge the batteries, you all will get pictures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts