Basset Hounds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Posting here because my googling hasn’t yielded any results and I feel like I’m going a little crazy!

our 50% basset mix pup USED to have a white body with black spots/ticking on fur. He was shedding like crazy in the end of June, so we bought and used the furminator which was successful in removing a lot of hair. Like you would run a hand over him and end with a small handful, the brushing took off a lot of loose hair but he slept through the whole thing it didn’t seem rough at all.

we quickly realized in the days that followed that cooper also lost his spots!! He now has a very thin coat, no bald spots or skin issues and the fur is still soft. However we can now see his skin “through” the white fur and instead of having the black fur spots, we can now see the black spotting on his skin. It gives a similar appearance but it is not the same. View attachment 29168

Did this happen when he blew out his undercoat, or just changed with time??We are so confused. Going to try and attach photos

before (June)
View attachment 29165

after (august) View attachment 29166 View attachment 29167

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts