Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so Ears is about just about 6months old, she turns on the 11th. She was doing so good for weeks sleeping right through the night not waking till 5:30 am or 6:am for her first pee. All of a sudden the last couple weeks she is up like clock work for the first time between 2am and 2:45 then again at 4:30-5:00 am, my husband says I should just ignore her when she starts whining but I cant, she had a UTI a month ago and I am scared if I make her hold it all night she is going to get another one, am I wrong in my thinking should I just ignore her? any help or suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
There's a time for ignoring it but as you've mentioned UTI I'd have to give her the benefit of the doubt and take (note take as you need to see what, if anything she does out there) her out. It's a pain but the good news is the nights are getting longer (dark) so she should, without a medical problem going on, settle down for longer. Mine thinks anything remotely approaching 7 am and it's fair game to start the drip, drip (not urine, just vocals). The biggest problem is my need to get up for a loo break myself ......

Just another thought - has she been spayed because given her age, it is possible she's cranking up to coming into season.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she gets spayed on the 19th that unfortunately was the earliest I could get her in as our vet is moving to a bigger office. And she does pee when she goes out just seems to be a little amount, if I worked a job with regular hours it wouldn't be so bad getting up with her during the night but when I work 12 hour days starting at 7 am the twice a night is getting a little rough.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
And she does pee when she goes out just seems to be a little amount

THAT would lead me to think the UTI wasn't completely cleared up. Poor girl if she can't help what she's needing to do. I'd collect another sample of her urine and get it tested again. It can be that another A/B is needed to get a UTI cleared.

What happens when you are away for 12 hours?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THAT would lead me to think the UTI wasn't completely cleared up. Poor girl if she can't help what she's needing to do. I'd collect another sample of her urine and get it tested again. It can be that another A/B is needed to get a UTI cleared.

What happens when you are away for 12 hours?

sorry should have been more specific just her late night pees are little, she pees normal amounts during the day

and my husband only works part time so he is home with her most the day, and my parents puppy sit as well when needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts