Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from South West UK,

Maisie, our ten week old basset , arrived two weeks ago and is exactly what we expected. We have had labs, retrievers and setters before, but my aunt had a basset, which she loved , and our neighbour has one. I have always loved their look and manner, so we went for Maisie. My aunt always said bassets were headstrong, belligerent ,wilfully disobedient, stubborn and bone idle, and then they had bad days! She adored hers, and after less than two weeks, Maisie has proved her very right and has my heart in her hand.

She has toilet trained very well, only two parcels in two weeks, and a reducing number of puddles. Now she is going most nights without leaving a present for me in the morning. Her appetite is voracious and she seems to inhale food rather than eat it. She is having more than half a pound of puppy kibble every day, spread over four servings.

Our only issue is the teething and bite training. She has a mouth full of razor blades, and is making slow progress in softening the bite. She has plenty of chew toys, and has added drain pipe corners , feather dusters and water butt hose to her toys. We give her carrots, venison strips and pigs ears to help, but she still prefers the taste of Dad's thumb or Mum's dressing gown.

She has had her vaccinations and will be able to play with others next week. She has puppy training in September.

She is a good sleeper!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi from South West UK,

Maisie, our ten week old basset , arrived two weeks ago and is exactly what we expected. We have had labs, retrievers and setters before, but my aunt had a basset, which she loved , and our neighbour has one. I have always loved their look and manner, so we went for Maisie. My aunt always said bassets were headstrong, belligerent ,wilfully disobedient, stubborn and bone idle, and then they had bad days! She adored hers, and after less than two weeks, Maisie has proved her very right and has my heart in her hand.

She has toilet trained very well, only two parcels in two weeks, and a reducing number of puddles. Now she is going most nights without leaving a present for me in the morning. Her appetite is voracious and she seems to inhale food rather than eat it. She is having more than half a pound of puppy kibble every day, spread over four servings.

Our only issue is the teething and bite training. She has a mouth full of razor blades, and is making slow progress in softening the bite. She has plenty of chew toys, and has added drain pipe corners , feather dusters and water butt hose to her toys. We give her carrots, venison strips and pigs ears to help, but she still prefers the taste of Dad's thumb or Mum's dressing gown. View attachment 28924

She has had her vaccinations and will be able to play with others next week. She has puppy training in September.

View attachment 28925

She is a good sleeper!
omgggg, such a sweet puppy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts