Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The night before last, I let Little Bailey, Yogi's new little best friend (who sleeps in the crook of his tummy) (or on top of him in a modified puppy pile), out to potty about 4 a.m.

And a few moments later, for the very first time ... Bailey began baying at some unseen monster out in the darkness.

I was stunned. I had to keep going to the door to make sure such a big noise was coming from such a tiny girl.

It was. :D

Even better, she woke up every coonhound for miles around. Hehe. :lol:

Yogi was thrilled!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That's great. Those bays are music to my ears.

Glad she & Yogi are getting along so well.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
How neat that she is baying already. The only bay we have heard from Bogie was a 3:30 AM one morning that shocked us out of our sleep, and he was sound asleep. It must have been some dream!! He will be three in April, and we are hoping someday to hear a wide awake Arooooooo coming from him.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
How neat that she is baying already. The only bay we have heard from Bogie was a 3:30 AM one morning that shocked us out of our sleep, and he was sound asleep. It must have been some dream!! He will be three in April, and we are hoping someday to hear a wide awake Arooooooo coming from him.[/b]
Murray's only howl was while he was sleeping, and it was kind of half-hearted at that- I would love to hear him howl!

·
Registered
782 Posts
When Francis could see he frequently bayed at the moon or the streetlight, whatever was brightest that night. The morning after one summer night my neighbor asked me what that eerie sound coming out of my house was, so after that I left the front shades down when I went to work. I'd kill to hear that now.
Linda, I'm glad they get along so well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts