Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading -Oscar&Murphy's Mom- mention of a Micky Mouse design marking on her new puppy. I was wondering if anyone else has pictures of weird shapes, designs, or patterns from the markings on your basset.
Please post some pictures.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I had a basset several years ago, that had a perfect elongated heart on her side. we called her valentine. :)

Sandy

A

·
0 Posts
My new Basset Dixie has what looks like the Batman symbol on her back. I'll post a photo later.

J

·
0 Posts
Jakehound has a diamond on his back because he's precious!

(Not sure what the little half-moon signifies...)

J

·
0 Posts
He does plenty of that when mom's been out hunting! Our hounds must think we're GREAT hunters...

A

·
0 Posts
Annie has the Harry Potter stripe going down her back and when we met her the breeder said was hoping she would be a boy since that was the time Harry Potter was so huge and guess she figured she could have got some big bucks for her.

Will have to find a picture of her back so you can see the zig zag stripe...it's too funny!

Kathy

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here's a pic of how Peanut got her name...not the peanut shaped mark on her side! (w/her "cousin" Akasha)

A

·
0 Posts
Menna has concorde on her lower back, could be why she can beat me up stairs and to any door.

J

·
0 Posts
...and presumably can catch any dropped food morsel before it hits the floor?! :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
Copper has what looks like a smile eventhough the longer he gets the more crooked his "smile" becomes.

Our new baby Dolly has a very similar mark on her back and these two are from completely different parents.
Dolly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts