Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,875 Posts
"I want to find one that makes Molly really soft."

The courseness or softness of hair is genetic no shampoo is going to make a hard coat soft. Also the amount of undercoat plays a role. You will have better luck with more concern about the food going in to produce the coat rather than a shampoo
see Fatty Acids for Allergies & Dry Skin in Dogs

·
Registered
932 Posts
Daisy & Sally both had dry skin and coat until we started them on a fatty acids supplement. We use Vitacoat Plus from Foster Smith. It took about a month to see the difference, but now their coats are so shiny and soft! They also seem to shed a little bit less - we still have dog hair tumbleweeds, just fewer of them. :D :roll:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use Lambert-Kay Fresh n Clean Oatmeal Shampoo on Rosie, follwed by the matching conditioner. It smells fantastic and Rosie smells good for a day or two afterwards. I get it at Petsmart-it has a basset on the label!

I tried a few other brands, puppy shampoo, medicated Malacetic shampoo, but this one smells the best so far.

A

·
0 Posts
I use Premier System Shampoo and Conditioner and it works GREAT! I LOVE the way the smell afterwards. You can get it at:
www.drsfostersmith.com
BTW you can also get free catalogs from that site and I have ordered many items from there with no probs whatsoever.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Another good way to achieve a good coat along with proper diet is to brush regularly to remove the undercoat. I like the zoom groom myself to remove the undercoat. The design is also good for stimulating oil production to make the coat shiny.

CTG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts