Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're leaving May 23rd to go on a 3 week long trip to Brisbane, and Cairns Australia..we've been wanting to go for 10 years! but....Bowser and I have never been apart! What will I do? He's my baby boy!
what if he forgets me?
what if he cries and cries?
what if I cry and cry?
I'll miss his antics...his kisses and his lazy mornings!
What if he likes my parents more than me when I come back? lol
I'll be really jealous *LOL*

Awww : ( the time is fast approaching and i'm so sad when i should be happy to finally have this vacation! waaah!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
We're leaving May 23rd to go on a 3 week long trip to Brisbane, and Cairns Australia..we've been wanting to go for 10 years! but....Bowser and I have never been apart! What will I do? He's my baby boy!
what if he forgets me?
what if he cries and cries?
what if I cry and cry?
I'll miss his antics...his kisses and his lazy mornings!
What if he likes my parents more than me when I come back? lol
I'll be really jealous *LOL*

Awww : ( the time is fast approaching and i'm so sad when i should be happy to finally have this vacation! waaah!!!
Yay for long awaited vacations! But boo for leaving Bowser. He won't forget you so don't worry about that. He'll probably wander around looking for you for a few days but he'll settle down pretty quick. And I can guarantee that you'll cry. I cry everytime I have leave our pups with someone else. Just remember that you'll get to see him in three weeks and just imagine how excited he'll be to see you! He'll be out of his mind with excitement. I promise. There's nothing like coming home and seeing your dog again after time apart. Have fun on the trip! Fly safe.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
What a lucky boy he is to have a momma who will miss him that much! He'll have fun with his grandparents...probably get spoiled rotten. He's in good hands I'm sure, so relax and enjoy such a wonderful trip :)

I'm sure he won't mind if you bring him a present ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I remember the first time I left Woofus, it was sad. But he does get really excited when he sees me again :) Have fun on your trip!!

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
Separation anxiety..uhm..not Bowser
ummm maybe you need to practice the seperation prevention anxiety advice. Short seperations so you get use to it, You can start by dropping Boweser of at the partent this weekend as sort of a trial run, Of course this must be done unannounce because parents always like surpise like that and beside they never have enough to do :D

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol @mikey!
No it's got to be cold-turkey, no weekend trips as my parents live in Oregon, and i'm in Southern California!
I do trips to the store, and when I worked i could do a few hours away... *dramatic sigh*
it'll just have to be done. I wonder what I could bring him from Australia that he would like??? Probably Vegemite! (Has anyone ever tried that stuff? Blah!! LOL)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I left Bentley for 3 weeks to go to England years ago. We had just moved about a month before I left. My Mom took care of him. While away he chewed and scratched the dining room doors trying to get out of the kitchen. He was finally successful and broke through then set off the motion detector/alarm system. I surprised my Mom didn't put him in a kennel, maybe she did and brought him back before I came home? hmmmmm......Have fun in Australia, and Yes you will miss him!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Just have a fun trip, and bring him back lots of souvenirs! You'll both be fine, momma.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
aww.. Bowsah will miss you fer sure! and vice versa! dunno what to say but maybe to take Mikey's advice ;)

does Bowsah like stuffed animals like i do? if so, maybe a koala and a kangaroo (or both!) will do...

btw, i heard of something called SKYPE. SKYPE with Bowsah from Australia????

--your pal, Worm

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I left Bentley for 3 weeks to go to England years ago. We had just moved about a month before I left. My Mom took care of him. While away he chewed and scratched the dining room doors trying to get out of the kitchen. He was finally successful and broke through then set off the motion detector/alarm system. I surprised my Mom didn't put him in a kennel, maybe she did and brought him back before I came home? hmmmmm......Have fun in Australia, and Yes you will miss him!
LOL about Bentley-- what a CHARACTER!

ps. oops, apparently, we didn't wait 30 seconds between posts... :huh:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol! I should totally skype bowser! ahhh that would be awesome. Unfortunately my parents live out in the boonies and only have dial up...oooooh so bad dial up!

You know we want to set up a wireless video system for the kitchen anyway for while we're at work! Anyone done something like that before?

·
Registered
160 Posts
lol! I should totally skype bowser! ahhh that would be awesome. Unfortunately my parents live out in the boonies and only have dial up...oooooh so bad dial up!

You know we want to set up a wireless video system for the kitchen anyway for while we're at work! Anyone done something like that before?
We skype Woofus all the time, but he just gets confused :p He sniffs the computer cause he hears our voices, but he can't smell us. It's quite amusing :D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Absynthe makes the heart grow fonder.
I was so excited when my humanz came home from nashville yesterday and picked me up from the grandparents house. I was so good all weekend. Then I got home. It was raining and I didn't wanna go out. So I crapped on the floor! yipeee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts