Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today just for the heck of it my husband and I went to both the Norfolk SPCA and the Norfolk Animal Care Center. Before walking in both my husband said "We're not coming out with any dogs." I replied "As long as there aren't any Bassets." When we went into the Norfolk Animal Care Center in the second pen was a Senior Basset Boy named "Sadsacks." I immediately started crying and wanted to take him, but my hubby talked me out of it. We can't afford the potential costs of a senior right now, and our 2 "youngins" would probably drive the poor boy crazy. I've already written BROOD, but if you're in the VA area and interested in a rescueing (sp?) a houndie boy here's the contact info: 757-441-5505, [email protected], 5585 Sabre Road Norfolk, VA 23502. I don't have a link for him unfortunately. The shelter just got him on Wednesday/Thursday so he's not up on Petfinder yet. I really hope someone (or BROOD) gets him, it absolutely BROKE my heart walking out of there w/o him.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
He's so beautiful! I got Stomps from BROOD when I lived in Maryland. It's such a good organization. If Stomps wasn't so old and crotchety, I'd consider trying to get SadSack. I hope someone takes him soon.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too. I even called my parents to see if they would take him...they said no...they enjoy their dog free household...they prefer just having doggie visitors. I'm waiting to hear back from BROOD. It kills me knowing this poor boy is sitting in there. :(

~Heather

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still haven't heard from BROOD about "Sadsacks." :p But...my mom's best friend (a fellow Basset Hound lover...the person responsible for my love of Basset Hounds) called me tonight...keep your paws crossed for "Sadsacks." She said she couldn't make me any promises, but if he's still available she's going to go check him out on Thursday (her next day off). She's going to try to adopt him and see if he gets along with her dogs if not she's going to foster him until someone else can take him...we're just going to try our best to at least get him out of jail. :)

~Heather

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the person I found to go check Sadsacks out was unable to do so. The German Sheperd she is fostering has hookworm. Now's not a good time to bring another dog into the house. I re-contacted BROOD since I hadn't heard from them. The shelter coordinator was forwarding it to the person who takes care of it in the Tidewater, VA area. I'm still keeping my paws crossed.

~Heather

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I called NACC (Norfolk Animal Care Center) today because I noticed that "Sadsacks" was no longer on their website...HE'S BEEN ADOPTED! I am so happy. That sweet senior boy is no longer sitting in doggie jail. He's now sitting in his forever home! YAY! :D

~Heather

1 - 9 of 9 Posts