Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Menna found a new game yesterday, I heard a noise coming from the kitchen and went to check, just inside the door was a dish on the floor with 5 cooked sausages in it and the fridge was open, Menna was trying to hide behind her crate with a sausage in her mouth and 2 on the floor in front of her when she saw me she quickly grabbed them in her mouth widthways and ran into her crate with her back to me Honestly I did try tell her off but laughter got the better of me. So I'm now left with either keeping all food that Menna might like (no much) in the big fridge in the utility or somehow securing the fridge door any suggestions??

·
Registered
284 Posts
that's so funny! they are so cheeky arnt they! and who said bassets are dumb?!? :rolleyes:

are you sure the fridge was shut properly? or do you think she managed to open it?

maybe give her the benefit of the doubt this time but if it happens again you'll have to put a child lock or something on it.

i know if snoopy ever got in the fridge she'd grab the nearest slab of cheese! :D

Clare

M

·
0 Posts
child lock is good. also if you have velcro with the sticky side. Place one strip on door and the other matching strip on the refrigerator. When closing the door, just apply the velcro strips together.
bon apetit!! Menna
mary f

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think I would call bassets dumb Menna manages to get her own way most of the time and understands every command but only obeys when she wants to.
The fridge door was definately closed and cheese is kept in the other fridge..
I think I know how she opened it but she is not going to do it when I'm around is she.

Thanks Mary I'm off to try that now.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Several of mine can open the fridge with NO problem. We use a bungy cord to keep it shut.

Bassets are amazing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts