Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi Everyone, I am Mel, new to Basset.net, what a great forum! cant believe I didn't know about it sooner!
I have Scooby-Doo just turned 5 , and Wellington who is a year and a half. We also have a beagle called Frank.

I found this website while searching for the worlds longest dog ears. According to the Guinness book of records it is a blood hound whose ears measured 34.5cm. There are a few articles there is a basset called Mr Jefferies whose ears are 29.5 cm long. They are apparently insured for 30000 pounds!

I would like to just put it out there that my wellington's ears are 30.5 cm long and 17cm wide lol, he trips over them non stop and i trip over them too. they are always dirty and wet o matter how much I wipe them. He is a grot of a thing :) he tore up a feather doona yesterday and had feathers up his nose and in his ears lol.

Scooby is a sop he loves to just put his head in my lap and stare at me :) love my boys. Frank thinks he is a basset as he has grown up with them and gets excited on the basset walks, doesnt really care about beagles haha :)

Well that is me looking forward to getting to know you and your long dogs!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Welcome to the forums! You will indeed get lots of great information here, plus make lots of new friends!

I don't know how long my boy's ears are, but they aren't as long as a lot of them. Long enough to get wet in his dish, tho!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Molly's ears are short...she's often called a beagle, but she's full-blooded basset. Winston looks like a typical Basset. Not sure why Molly looks different, as she and Winston have the same mom and dad and all the pups in Molly's litter had long ears. Oh well, her ears are cleaner than her brother's, which are always wet and filthy.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Annie's ears are pretty long also...and also dirty all the time. I clean them with baby wipes as often as I can so she can maintain her girly beauty without needing a full on bath every darn day.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!! Doppler's ears are short (makes sense since he's not full blooded) but Virga's ears are long enough to get wet in her water dish. I don't have to clean them too often because they just get wet and they dry eventually. We're lucky I guess! But welcome to the forum once again!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome Wellington, Scooby and Frank too! I love the long ears, my Snoopy would trip over his ears as a pup. He grew out of it, but still fumbles over his big floppy feet! Look Forward to more stories from your 3 dog crew!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts