Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share that my girl Scarlet got her TD at the nationals tracking test last weekend. She had a stare down with a herd of deer and feasted on some tasty cow pies but she focused and found the glove. Me and my husband (the patient handler) are very proud of her. Thanks Betsy for all of your hard work making this a great field trial. Heres a pic, still waiting on the pic someone took during the deer stare down....

Erica

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I just wanted to share that my girl Scarlet got her TD at the nationals tracking test last weekend. She had a stare down with a herd of deer and feasted on some tasty cow pies but she focused and found the glove.

Erica[/b]
Both Scarlet and her handler did incredible jobs on her track! A herd of semi-tame deer came right up to inspect her at the 30 yd flag. The young ones were curious, and the does put themselves between the young ones and Scarlet. The bucks hung back a bit...they apparently had the ladies' backs. ;) Despite the considerable distraction of the deer, Scarlet did a wonderful job, and we were all thrilled when she found her glove! :D

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Scarlet was awesome. She faced down the herd of deer without a blink, then ambled on her way to the glove as if nothing had happened. Her handler was fantastic 'trusting his dog' every step of the way.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Congratulations to all who made this exciting win possible! Especially Scarlet! This story has to be written up in the Talley-Ho!
Can you name everyone in the win photo for us?

Barb

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct me if I'm wrong on any spellings...
Back from left to right: track layer-Sharon Hall, Judge- Stephanie Gonyeau, Judge-Sally Elkins, Front-Handler (and my husband) Bruce McKinney, Tracking Dog - Pilchuck View's Scarlet Sunrise AKA Scarlet
I hope this gets written up in the Tally Ho that would be awesome!

Erica

I also forgot to mention that getting this TD is also very special to us because we almost lost Scarlet a year ago when she developed a softball sized abcess in her throat. Her breathing started to get obstructed and she couldn't eat or drink. A trip to the emergency vet on labor day, emergency surgery, a 3 day stay and $2700 later she was better then ever and ready to track!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I think that's all correct. Let me add--that was one delighted novice track layer--couldn't have been a more exciting 'first track I've laid in a test'
Sharon Hall

S
Correct me if I'm wrong on any spellings...
Back from left to right: track layer-Sharon Hall, Judge- Stephanie Gonyeau, Judge-Sally Elkins, Front-Handler (and my husband) Bruce McKinney, Tracking Dog - Pilchuck View's Scarlet Sunrise AKA Scarlet
I hope this gets written up in the Tally Ho that would be awesome!

Erica

I also forgot to mention that getting this TD is also very special to us because we almost lost Scarlet a year ago when she developed a softball sized abcess in her throat. Her breathing started to get obstructed and she couldn't eat or drink. A trip to the emergency vet on labor day, emergency surgery, a 3 day stay and $2700 later she was better then ever and ready to track![/b]

·
Registered
162 Posts
What a great story! Congratulations to all involved! And what a pretty girl! Hope to see you in Wisconsin next year. Take care, Belinda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts