Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just have to vent. Some (ahem) lovely neighbors I have decided to have a big fireworks party this past weekend. The fireworks went on for hours & they were big ones. Spencer & I spent the evening in the house with the TV up loud. I didn't tranquilize him, because I just hate the way they make him. The next day the neighbor had the nerve to ask how Spencer did during the fireworks. I told her the truth, but it doesn't really matter, she knew before how upset they made him, because I have told her, as they shoot fireworks often. What is really sad, is they have dogs who are also afraid, but they just do not care. Spencer hasn't been acting right all week & this morning had bloody diarhhea & was vomiting. A trip to the vet & $81.00 later, Spencer has a dignosis of colitis. This will be his 3rd bout with colitis. The vet says knowing his history of nervous behavior & the fireworks, he feels the colitis was brought on by stress. So, he is medicated for 10 days & on a prescription diet temporarily. He advised me to just go ahead and traquilize Spencer in the future to avoid another bout with colitis. I think instead, I'll just call the police. I hate to be that way, but I am at my wits end. Sorry, just had to vent!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'd call the police to! That's very inconsiderate... and since my baby Sami has colitis too I know exactly how I would feel -

·
Registered
109 Posts
aghh

I unserstand your anger. I would place the vet bill in her mailbox with a nice note saying that their actions caused your dog and your wallet heartache and discomfort.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If the fireworks is illegal in your city/state, it is another good excuse to call the police.
:x
Urggghhh, nothing is worser than having a neighbor like that! :evil:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree that is just so inconsiderate of your neighbor. I stay in the house with Baxter that night too. He likes to be downstairs in our family room whenever there are storms or fireworks and he won't go out to potty either unless I walk him, for some reason he feels safe if he is out with his leash on. But it sure makes the holiday a rough one on the poor dogs who are upset by the noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts