Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. We've got a 14-year old named Winnie that we adopted when she was about a year old. She's getting on in years, but I want to make sure she's comfortable and happy. Within the last year we started seeing what appear to be one or two scabs just underneath/through her coat, primarily on her back. She's been to the vet regularly, but they've never really commented on them. She doesn't scratch or bite at them and after her bath they seem to go away, but eventually come back.

Does anyone have an idea what these might be? They don't seem to be causing any discomfort, maybe it was just what's left of a cyst since she does have a few fatty/benign ones. Thank you.
20200626_125739.jpg

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Difficult to see for sure, but could certainly this be a fatty cyst mass that has ruptured? If she were mine, I'd get my vet to take a look, diagnose and treat as needed. Frankie suffered from a lot of these and towards the end of his days, had one that refused to heal, despite all my efforts..

Here's a copy of that one which I had to take to send to my vet during the start of lockdown. DSCN0459.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Difficult to see for sure, but could certainly this be a fatty cyst mass that has ruptured? If she were mine, I'd get my vet to take a look, diagnose and treat as needed. Frankie suffered from a lot of these and towards the end of his days, had one that refused to heal, despite all my efforts..

Here's a copy of that one which I had to take to send to my vet during the start of lockdown. View attachment 28876
Thank you. Winnie's about due for her regular visit, so we'll have them take a look. Thank you again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In addition to using medication from the inside you should combine with other types of shower gel to kill ticks, fungi, dermatitis for dogs. Currently, at Lovely Little Pets - Pets' Life Daily there are many types of special shower gel that treat dogs. Just use in a short time is the acne skin acne will cure completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts