Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George loves waffles, but not to eat. He hides them. Under the bed. Behind the cushions on the couch. In the closet. Then when he thinks he hasn't been suitably fed, he'll go and get one of these aged, hard things and tote it around the house with a pathetic expression. I gave him a chew bone a couple of weeks ago which promptly disappeared and I'd forgotten all about it, and he appeared with it the other day. Then he went to hide IT, and he couldn't make it scoot back between the bureau and the wall the way he wanted to, so I went to help and he snatched it and ran off with it to hide it elsewhere. Hubby said it was because I'd seen where he was going to hide it the first time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yep, i dont have a waffle hound but i have seen the same on hiding bones. sadie likes to hide them in bookcases and in the furniture. when i watch this happening she is very quiet and calculating about where to drop the bone ...SO NO ONE FINDS IT.....its comical to watch.

A

·
0 Posts
Eeewww! I hope you don't get ants or mice!

This reminds me of a childrens story I read (as a child) and the basset's name was Waffles. We had Bud the basset at the time which is why I remember this.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have waffle-hounds too. I put the dogs out in the morning, and throw some Eggos in the toaster for the human kids. I will look out and see the sheltie literally dribbling all over the sidewalk, while Daisy sits on the steps and stares at the door with that Uri-Geller-expression--"I command you to open...open...open."

If it's cold outside, I'll put an extra waffle or two in the toaster for them--BJ just looks so happy when he sees me come out with a waffle for him. No butter or syrup tho. :D

Daisy has a chew bone too, but she never chews it, she just moves it from one hiding spot to another, usually not very well hidden, either. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts