Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For days the hounds never paid any attention to the tree. Just the last few days Sadie has decided it was her own personal store for new dog toys and has taking several of the lower ornaments off the tree. Sadie takes them off the tree but both Sadie & Max enjoy chewing them up. When I went out today I decided to buy some of the Christmas stuff dog toys to put at the bottom of the tree so when Sadie decides to help herself to an ornament it will be a dog toy not my ornaments. When they lose interest in the toy I will sneak it back on the tree. My husband thought it was not a good idea that I would just be teaching her it's ok to take them off the tree. I know what he's saying but she's not getting the message that it's not ok and I rather put something there that's ok for her to take then constantly fighting her. I could leave the bottom with no ornaments but when I did she just tried to reach up further. Here's some pictures of the toys on the tree and the hounds playing with the first one they took off.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think you're right. It's like having toddlers around -- you have to arrange things for their safety and your peace of mind because some things are just NOT going to penetrate their determined little brains. :D They've decided it's great fun to put one over on you by taking stuff off the tree, so why not put stuff there for them to take? Makes perfect sense to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts