Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sammie aka the frog :) lol ate a bee a live bee. I could not believe my eyes! I wish I had my camera to take a picture of her face. I can not believe she actually did it.

She was laying on the deck sunning her belly and this bee flew over her she moved abd SNAP! It's in her mouth.

I checked her mouth after I didn't see any swelling. A bruised ego maybe but it all looks good

What a day :)

I just had to share

·
Registered
12,989 Posts
Toughy see avatar use do do this all the time, While some dog stop to smell the roses toughy was bee hunting. . keep in mind this is the same dog at christmas time would steel glass orniments of the tree. It would not be too long before he put to much presure on them and they would literally explode with a pop scaring him , less tha 5 minutes later he had another orniment starting the process all over again. Needless to say that ended the glass orniment on christmas trees but it goes to the fearlessnes of what goes into the mouth. He was also a soda can shredder as well.

·
Registered
762 Posts
When Buttercup was a puppy she was stung by a bee! You would have thought it stabbed her through the heart! She was whining & squealing like a piglet!! Now that she's almost four she still runs from bees. Totally the great protector dog let me tell you. She runs from bees, won't pee if the scary neighbor cat is out, balloons simply can't be trusted...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apparently she has grown a taste for bees... Caught her eating another one today.. Oh well... lol She sits really still till they get close and then SNAP she eats them lol... I also found out that sammie is scared of Kittens, but she tries to play with adult cats..... I wonder about her.. lol

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Ewwww, Hank! You silly dog, it sounds like he is developing his sense of smell quite well.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Anabelle once fell asleep in an ant pile. She woke up and was covered in them but was not concerned at all. She was more concerned with me freaking out seeing ants crawling all over her.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I had one get bitten by a fire ant on his belly. Just one. His stomach swelled so badly, that I thought he'd gotten a broken rib or a hernia. It was Superbowl Sunday, and I spent the entire game sitting in the waiting room at the doggie emergency room. Benedryl took care of him. The bill was Homeric.

·
Registered
973 Posts
When our 140 lb bullmastiff was bit on the snout by a cottonmouth snake, the vet said to load him up on benadryl and let him rest. His face swelled up so big there was no longer a stop in his nose and he couldn't see, but he lived.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts