Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...Yesterday Sally started to ask to go out every half hour, just peeing a small amount each time. She also peed in the house, which she never does (sadly, I can't say the same for her sister Daisy :eek: ). I left work as early as possible today and took her to the vet, and as I suspected she has a urinary tract infection. I have had several myself and know how uncomfortable they are. She is on Clavamox and should feel better soon. My question is: has anyone experienced this, and if so does this mean she will be prone to them from now on? That would be awful. Thanks for any input

Marcia and Sally

A

·
0 Posts
my dog (male) had one many years ago. it was a single occurance. he has a problem now (prob due to age) he is almost 13 that he takes a supplement to balance the acidity in his urine.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
It depends on whether there's an underlying condition that predisposes her to UTI's, like bladder stones, for example. :)

[ March 09, 2005, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Betsy Iole ]

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! Betsy, when I took Sally in, the ultrasound tech happened to be there and they checked for stones - none seen, no thickening of the bladder etc....maybe this will be a one time thing. Sally doesn't usually have to hold it for more than 5 hours at a time. Fingers and paws crossed......

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Glad she doesn't have stones. :) Will also cross fingers that it's a one-time thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts