Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Hello everyone.

I wanted to let everyone know that after lots of interested ppl, we have found a wonderful home for Danny. We could tell our asthma was not going to let up, and Before we have him for too much longer and he gets more attatched to us(and us to him) it was time to find him a forever home.

We carefully screened ppl (and there were many, of course) as to how their lifestyles would fit into Danny's life(as we all know complete devotion is a must)and someone who knew all about bassets, we finally narrowed it down to 2 different families and have decided on 1 of them. They are a very nice family with a 5 year old Basset whom they have had since she was a pup. We have met with the family a number of times and introduced Danny to their hound. They seem like really nice caring ppl. The hounds really liked eachother too. The other ppl sounded great too(with 2 bassets), except they lived 2 hours away, and to be quite honest, we wanted someone who would agree to let us visit once a month or so.

I have introduced this site to them. So please if you see "My Danny" on here with his new owners (Rob and Janine) show them a welcoming 'hello'(i know you will).

Today is very sad for us, even though we knew the day was coming. I planned on taking him there today, but decided to wait for Dan to get home from work, so he could share in the emotional farewell. Plus, Im going to need a hand to hold as we drive away.

Even though, we wont have a basset anymore, i still plan on sneaking in/on here every now and then to see how everyone and their hounds are doing. Plus i love to see all the photos. Hope you don't mind.
:(
Take care
Barb.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A hard decision. I feel sadness for you and hopeful for Danny. Can you still visit him. I had to give a dog up once but the family was in Ohio. They still send me a Christmas card with a picture of Floyd. It really helps.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I know you faced a very hard decision. I'm glad to hear that you worked so hard to find him a good home. Best of luck to Danny and keep on visiting us Barbie.

~Heather

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm so sorry for you. I know how much you looked forward to getting
your long-eared friend. It's nice that you found people you trust to give him
to. Of course you shall still visit the forum, you will be in even more need
for your basset fix without your Danny.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm so sorry that you had to find a new home for Danny, but it sounds like you guys put a lot of work into making sure it is a great home for him. I hope he adjusts very quickly to his new 2 and 4-leggers. HOw wonderful he has a houndie to be with.

I know how hard it will be for you - but please take comfort in knowing you did a wonderful thing for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts