Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I had some family over last night. my SisNLaw wanted to do a presentation on some new products she got from her business.We put Stanley behind the baby gate in dinning room which also gives him run of the media room and his recliner well of course he cried and threw a fit.Now today he isn't acting like hisself he'll eat if I bring it to him where he is lying.He is just real moopy, kind of down.I was thinking maybe he might be sick then I thought could he be upset coz he couldn't be center of attention last night. Have any of you experienced this your bassets?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We figured out Stanley wasn't just moody he was sick with some kind of tummy troubles he quit eating/drinking yesterday.The only way to get him to eat/drink was to feed him and eye dropper water to him every hour.It was a long night I was up till 4 am doing this. I woke up to tail wagging almost normal Stanley.As the day has gone one he returning to his normal self. Slowly getting back to his normal food/water intake.I think by tomorrow he will be back to normal amount of food/water intake at least he is eating/drinking on his own now.the call to vet today said as long as he is drinking/eating some on his he'll be ok but if he decreases to call them.I clearly see though after the begging routine during supper he is 95% to normal.I'm just thrilled he is doing much better today. :D

dawn

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Stanley is feeling better. My dogs were odd yesterday. During summer they don't eat much and yesterday they didn't eat anything until after 6 p.m. I think it was because I was cleaning the kitchen using a vacuum and they are terrified of the vacuum (their food is in the kitchen). Anyway hope Stanley continues to feel better.

~Heather

·
Registered
773 Posts
Sometimes, in the summer heat, I worry that something's up and I'm chalking it up to the hot weather. Eating and drinking are good things!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts