Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(
I'm sure you remember me telling you about one of Ruby's siblings from the litter. When we lived in Bassetchusetts, we didn't know that the basset closest to her in coloring was living with his parents in New Hampshire. It wasn't until last year that we learned about him. While Ruby was the runt of the litter of 10, Ziggy was the 9th of the litter. His mother Judy and I sent pictures of our bassets to each other and we got to be real good friends, albeit phone and email.

I got an email from her today which is very sad. This morning, Ziggy couldn't stand up; the vets determined he had no feeling in his back and at his age, they didn't know if surgery would even help. Ziggy's mother made the heartbreaking decision to let him go today. So hug your hounds and please send a prayer to my friend and Ruby's aunt, Judy.

ZIGGY R.I.P CH.Vision Topfield Man in Black

Janice and little Ruby

Here's a recent picture of little Ruby

·
Registered
773 Posts
Oh, for goodness sakes--I had no idea that Ziggy was Ruby's brother. I got Judy's email, too -- poor thing. She did the right thing for her boy, but her heart is clearly broken.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
He was Laci's uncle. I worked with Ziggy when Judy first got him. I don't live too far from them so I worked with him in handling class to get him accustomed to the ring and his breeder showed him. It didn't take too long to get his championship and oh how he loved the ring. I swear he could stack himself and gait around the ring with no leash or person with him. I believe he was entered in our Specialty on Friday in the veterans class. I wish he could of had one more go around the ring. He loved it!
We'll miss you Ziggy.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sorry about the loss. :(

~Heather

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes, he was scheduled to show in the Veteran's Class this Friday. Poor Ziggy -- he has certainly left a large hole in a few lives :( ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts