Basset Hounds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband called me from work to tell me the foreman of the stockyards were he works was killed loading a cattle truck early this morn.. (it rolled back and crushed him)
Keith tried to do CPR, but he was beyond help.
I couldn't believe it, he was a good friend and now he's gone.
I was so at a loss as to what to do, that I just laid down on the floor with my hounds and cried. And they comforted me! Normally if I did that, they would think I was playing, but they could sense I was upset, and they just cuddled right up to me, very concerned...I was so glad they were here!
I love my hounds.

Sandy

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sandy

I am so very sorry for the grief that you and your husband are going through. These wonderful dogs are such a blessing in a time like this. Please know that you and the mans family are in my prayers.

Karen

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
What a terrible tragedy. We will keep you and his family in our prayers.

My dogs have always been a great source of comfort to me in times of sorrow. I am glad you have yours to comfort you.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Sandy, I'm so sorry your going through such a rough time. I read your post earlier this morning regarding your son's ordeal and wanted to reply then but had to get to church and didn't have time. I came back now to reply and couldn't find it. I included you and your family in my prayers this morning. It's wonderful you have your Bassets to help comfort you through all this. I will keep you in my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks bjsibba, I was really tired last night, and needed to vent. But I thought as I was in bed that maybe I shouldn't have posted it, as it maybe wasn't too appropriate for Cyberhound. But it was quite a week.
I wasn't surprised it was deleted.

Sandy

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
This thread appears to be veering off topic as well. Would ask that any additional discussion be continued by PM. Thanks for your consideration. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.