Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadie's pal Deuce went to the Rainbow Bridge last night. I took Sadie over this morning to see him one last time. I agree with what murraysmom said in an earlier post - I think dogs understand more than some give them credit for. Sadie sniffed him, whined & headed for the door. I think she knows. She has just been laying around today. Deuce, you were a big old lug, but full of love. We'll miss your goofy self. Thanks for being a good friend to Sadie. RIP.

A

·
0 Posts
Another friend lost.... but waiting at the bridge. This site has had some bad news lately. I am so sorry for Sadie and your loss. yvonne

A

·
0 Posts
I'm very sorry Amy, he looked like such a lovely dog.
Thinking of you, your brother and his family and poor old Sadie too.
Arlene and Opus.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
We let dachshund Hansel say goodbye to his sister Gretel, and I think that helped him. When Hansel passed, Murray mourned for about 2 weeks- he seemed depressed and became a 'velcro dog'- just shadowed us- and also started trying to sleep in Hansel's tiny dachshund bed. We took him for extra walks and rides, but generally kept him on his regular schedule which I think helped alot. Poor Sadie. You are in my thoughts.

A

·
0 Posts
Know you will be missed.
our hearts go out to the family and sadie. Its always so hard to loose a loved one.

A

·
0 Posts
So sorry about Deuce. He was a beautiful dog and we know Sadie will miss him. When we had Bubba put to sleep one of the vet techs said, "All the good ones die far to young." Bubba will be at the Rainbow Bridge waiting to give him a Basset Arooooo (welcome).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts