Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we had such a good time at the basset fun days. the boys had such a good time too (well at least atticus did he did all kinds of visiting. Ryboi stayed glued to me he was alittle over wealmed. But he did get entered into two contests the catching contest and came in second(although that didn't get any prizes but he panicked when the lady took him further from me, but i was proud of him.) then came best trick, one lady taught her dog to bow i thought that was impressive and the others did normal things like shake hands, speak and such Ryboi sat up for more then 5 minutes straight and every one was oooing and awwing and then the last dog sat up to but only for less then a minute and they gave the prize to him. If i had lost to the dog bowing i would have been fine with it but to loose to a dog who only sat up for a short time. bummer oh well maybe next year.

was wondering if anyone can come up with something else we can do while sitting up so we can stand out more. or maybe do you think if i put food in front of him and tell him to wait (which he does) till i say ok, do you think that would be enough to win.

I don't realy care if he won he is my winner anyway and that is all that matters.

A

·
0 Posts
You know how they like to sit pretty with their paws in front of them? Thats an excellant place to place a ball, or a treat! Then ask them to sit like that, holding the ball or the treat. Good luck!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Sally finally clinched this year's Best Trick at the San Diego Basset Rescue Picnic after coming in second for two years. She did the "sit pretty" the first year and was beaten by a dog who did the same thing but had more wrinkles so he looked like he was melting. The second year we added speak to the sit pretty, still second. I don't remember what the trick was that beat her that year. THIS year we won - sit pretty, speak, and HI FIVE!! The hi five clinched it. Here's a picture of her victory ribbon, courtesy of Janice (Ruby's Mom) :D :D

Notice Ruby admiring Sally's ribbon! :D (Actually, I think I stepped in something - she seems very interested in my shoe)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the suggestions, i didn't think about the hi five he can do that.
will try one or the other or maybe will work on his "ma ma" that he only says when i come home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts