Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this picture today. I turned around and there they were just sitting looking at me. Aren't they precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think I've ever seen so lovely ears in all my life! What soulful expressions they have. They must melt your heart each and every day.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They've got some pretty cool ears! And that look ...such innocence!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Very beautiful, with great ears!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! Thanks for all the compliments! They are one year old brother & sister. Yes, they are indeed "glued at the hip". They are so funny! So close that they walk in a double line and bump hips!!!!

Steinar: Thanks for the kinds words. The breeder was showing them and he won in his puppy category. I am getting them spayed & neutered in 2 weeks. He is certified for PAWS for reading for children in school. I would like to start taking him here but want to have him neutered first. Kids ask tons of anatomy questions and you know how male Bassets "parts" are!!! Let's say not dwarfed like the rest of them!!! Anyway, it is in the breeders contract that I must do this. Hopefully they will both end up in the PAWS program!! We are having tons of fun with them!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is the PAWS program? My sister teaches autistic children in Lake Padget ( Land O Lakes area north of Tampa ) which is near you. I'm sure she would LOVE to see these two if they are able to go into public schools in Pasco County. She has seen the photos you've posted and it would be a real treat to arrange sommething like this for her kids. Send me more info please.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are beautiful. It's so great to know your home is filled with happiness and fun again. They must be quite the pair walking hip to hip and "Oh, my! Those wonderful ears." You were certainly lucky to have found such a wonderful bonded pair to fill you home with love.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Faye:

You can go to www.pawsforreading.org and their website explains the whole thing. He was going every Wednesday for a couple months. She was in a false pregnancy so the breeder also didn't want to address the anatomy questions. Once they are spayed & neutered the breeder said she would help us get started in our area. I think this would be so rewarding. They are both great with children. The breeder got them use to being touched everywhere. She had me pull on their ears, paws, look inside their mouths, make loud noises in their face. They just took it all in! She said child (especially special needs children) are unpredictable with the dogs and your dog HAS to be sound and not react negatively. So I will keep you posted once the surgeries are behind us.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That picture just about made my day, they are adorable!
Arlene and Opus

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sounds wonderful. Definitely keep me posted. I'd love to help my sister arrange this for her school. It's called Lake Myrtle Elementary, in Land O' Lakes.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Those ears! Those eyes! How do you stand it? I'd sit around and look at them all day. It's going to be so great for the kids to see those two charmers.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Total Meltdown Here. I love Snickers, come to think about it, I love Rusty too.!!!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They are so cute ...I'd be following them around with a camera all day!

You should do a webpage with "A day in the life of Rusty and Stickers" ...I'm sure you'd have something to put on there daily. Those two look like busy little guys :D ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts