Basset Hounds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stickers started vomiting late last night. She seems fine other than that. Everything she eats or drink comes up. Between about 10 last night until this morning, she threw up about 6 times. SO, Dave brought her into work today. The Vet said she has no fever but had tons of mucous in her throat and a bacterial infection. She got a shot and antibiotics. I came home from work and Rusty started with the same symptoms. I'm sharing their antibiotics and will have Dave bring him in tomorrow. I talked to our friends that were at the waddle and thankfully their dogs are fine. Maybe they picked up something there? We didn't take them anywhere since then, not even for a walk?? Dave spent the day washing the tile, shampooing the area rugs. I'll keep you posted.

I fed them each a small portion of steamed white meat chicken and cooked white rice. Both seemed really hungry. Then I gave them the antibiotics. Stickers seems alittle better. Within minutes, Rusty threw up the food and pills. I think it' going to be a long night!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Jeez, I can't imagine TWO sick pups! Good luck to your little guys and here's hoping for the best.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Hoping Rusty & Stickers get well soon. I was reading an article not long ago about some type of flu that is affecting dogs? I've never heard of that, but who knows.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today Rusty went into the Vet. Dr. said bacterial so gave him a shot and he's going to share the antibiotics with Stickers. He seems better and she's been good since yesterday afternoon

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Yucko! Luckily for me my 2 take turns being sick...never been sick at the same time, but I can imagine it probably gets messy! Hope they feel better soon!

~Heather

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Wow! Two at once! I hope they are both feeling better soon. Slinging some healing drool for both of them your way. Get well soon, Rusty and Stickers!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts